Search This Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Swimming Lesson

Saturday, 25th September 2010.

The morning breeze blows gently through the window frame and unto my sleeping face, gently awaking me from my dream.  I was not feeling well and felt the wind colder than usual, so I quickly took my blanket and covered my whole body thinking it would be nice to continue the dream.  It would make sense to go back to sleep since it was a Saturday morning and it normally warrants a later start for the day! I was also down with a bad headache and my whole body  was still aching due to the possible cause of sleep deprivation over the last few nights of working late.  

The early morning silence were typically interrupted by the sounds of my two elder daughters' laughters.  Each distinct laughter is recognizable to me and they are like music to my ears even though I was experiencing a bad headache at that moment.  The eldest girl laughter's sounded more bass in comparison to the younger girl. My younger girl's laughter is higher in tone with a few short breathlessness causing it to end with a gentle abrupt repetitions of "he", "he", "he" sounds. Yes, they are both angels sent from heaven to make my life on this earth meaningful (besides loving my wife of course) and with the purpose of carrying out my duties as a loving father would to their children.  

By now I was half awake and am contemplating whether to get out of bed to receive my morning hugs from my two princesses.  I could barely hear the conversations between both of them and they were speaking so fast it was a wonder they understood one another.  At that particular moment, lo and behold, the word, "swimming" was repeated so many time that I could pick it up so clearly.  It dawns on me like a bolt of lightning zapping me to my senses and I was reminded of the main reason why both my elder girls were awake early that particular morning.   Today would be the day for their official swimming lesson!

I was a little apprehensive to get out of bed after I glance at the sky outside the window.  The weather at that time was overcast and from the look of it, at anytime it could unload the watery cargo at any moment.  In my mind, I could picture the children sulking and complaining to me of their perfect day being robbed by the rain.  I was worried this impending rain if allow to continue would probably be the main reason for the swimming lesson to be cancelled till next Saturday. A little voice inside me begs me to wake up and get my undeserving hugs from my two girls while another voice beckoning me to go back to sleep.  Decision, decision, decision.  

To my surprise, I said a quick prayer and ask God to let the rain fall now so in the afternoon, the swimming lesson would be spared and it would be sunshine to one's heart content.  I chuckled at  how naively I was hoping for God to change the course of the day so my two girls could get their swimming lesson as planned.

I braved my laziness and jumped out of bed to greet the morning with my two elder girls.  

"Good morning Daddy." Greeted the younger one.  

"Morning Dad, do you think its going to rain?" Asked the elder girl.

I replied them, "Morning girls!" and still half asleep, I walked to the kitchen to get my mug and filled it with some water for my thirsty lips.

"What would you want for breakfast?" I asked the girls.

"Mum made some breakfast already, so I'll be having that please." Replied the elder girl.

I just nodded my head and walked back to the kitchen to grab some utensils for my breakfast.

The younger girl hurried to the kitchen and asked the same question. "Do you think its going to rain?" 

I sheepishly answered, "I don't know darling.  It looks like it might, but if it does, I'm sure it would be over in a minute." Trying to sound as positive as possible, so as not to alarm her or raised any notion that would disappoint her happy mood.

"Anyway, the swimming lesson is in the afternoon right? So it should be fine then."  I added to make it more convincing.

I switched on the television and switch on to one of the children program for them to view or to be exact to keep their minds off the rain which could possibly cancel the swimming lesson.  The children program did it's charm like an instant magic.   I know they also have a linguistic tuition to attend and instructed them to prepare after the program end. They were obedient and as instructed carry on their routine tasks of preparation for the tuition.

Thus, that was how the morning and early part of the afternoon go.  

Note: While the two girls were away in their tuition, together with both my wife and my third and youngest daughter, we went to the common playground in the back of our home.  I was constantly listening to an old song, by Air Supply.  It was titled, "I Can Wait Forever" and it brought some form of inspiration as I jotted down notes for my Hands On Approach theory.  Despite the headache, I managed to pen down a number of interesting topics for future reference.

-- Watch Genghis Khan --

I finished watching Genghis Khan today. It was one of those television series that I bought and never really finished watching.  The headache was still there.

I took two panadol to help with my headache and decided to take my two elder daughters to the swimming pool for their swimming lesson.

--- The Swimming Class --

* in a nutshell *

The eldest girl is 9 years old and is braver than the second girl as she is more inclined to take a deep breath for each swimming stroke.  The second girl not wanting to be out-do, also took the courage to hold her breath.

-- to be continued --

No comments:

Post a Comment